Storybirds

Our class joined up with 4KM and 4KJ in Australia to write Storybirds. Each class took turns writing two pages at a time until the stories were complete. You can see our post about the project here.

25 thoughts on “Storybirds

1. Dear Mr. Avery’s class,

Your stories were very clever and fun to read! It must be great fun to blog with kids around the world! Keep up the good work!

Sincerely,
    Michelle S.

1. Dear Michelle S,

Thank you for the comment and for commenting on our posts. We all hope that you write back to us soon.

From,
      Ryan S.

2. Dear Mr. Avery’s class,

I really liked your Storybirds. My favourite Storybird was The Great Adventure. They were really funny and they made my day.

From,
    Vinder R.

3. Hey Mr. Avery and class,

I love your storybirds! They remind me of some stories that me and my class wrote before the Christmas break. How do you come up with such great ideas?

Regards from Canada, eh.
    Rhianna

1. Dear Rhianna,
      Thank you for commenting. Now you asked how we come up with our ideas for our stories. We all came up with the ideas together with our partners. Like We would start first by writing the first two pages then they would do the next two pages and so on.

From your friend,
      Ryan S

4. Hi Mr. Avery’s class,

How are you? I’m from Ms. William’s and Ms. Thissen’s class. I like the Storybird stories, especially The Great Adventure. I like it because you did a very good job on the pictures and the grammar too.

Sincerely,
    Paul :)

5. Hello Mr. Avery’s class!

I am a student in Ms. William’s and Ms. Thissen’s class. I love the way that you put pictures on the same page as the words without showing the box around them. How did you do that? Goodbye for now!

Sincerely,
    Julie

6. Dear Mr Avery’s Class,

Hi it is me, Aiden and I am in Ms. Thissen and Ms. Williams Grade 6 class. I really like your blog. One of my favourite Storybirds are “A Hike Through the Woods.” It reminds me of when I was in the woods and saw a bear but it did not get up on two legs and start talking. What video would you say is your favourite? Your class inspired us to get our own blog. I hope you check ours out soon. Bye eh?

Aiden

7. Hi Mr. Avery class,

I loved your stories. My favourite story was My Favourite Game. I loved the part when Boney said I love to dance and sing to Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO. How did you guys come up with this stories? They’re awesome.

Brigitte

8. Good afternoon Mr. Avery’s class,

I really like your Storybirds, especially My Favorite Game. I am from Oakville, Canada. It reminds me of some sports I like to play. I hope to talk to you soon.

Natasha

9. Mr. Avery’s class,

I loved the Storybird called my favourite game by Frankie, Andrew, Quinn and Connor. I loved the part when furry and fuzzy played “my favourite game”. It reminds me of when I played outside with my cousins. What made you think of that story idea?

A friendly farewell,
    Super Sophie

10. Hi, I’m Emilie. My friends call me M.L.E because it sounds like Emilie!

But anyways, I really like your classroom. It sounds like you guys have a lot of fun. But I hardly doubt that you guys have more fun than us. Today we had gym, then art, then computers, then more art, then computers and then French, all of my favourite subjects!

M.L.E.

11. Hello, your stories are supreme! My favourite was The Great Adventure it was very creative.I made a story like that before too.Are you going to make any more stories like that.
    Fairwell

12. Dear Mr. Avery,

I love your Storybirds. I think they are genius. I especially like the one called My Favourite Game. The characters are so funny and it definitely puts a smile on my face. :) It reminds me of the TV show I used to watch when I was little. It was called the “Monster Band”. My question to you is what’s your favourite Storybird?

Sincerely,
    Nicole

13. Mr. Avery and class,

I love the idea of “Storybirds.” It sure sounds like you guys had a lot of fun writing them in groups. I wish my class would do that! Which one do you like the best? Mine is “Pandamonium” by Ed, Yana, Riley and Alana. I was just browsing the web when I found this awesome site! You guys remind me of my class (gr.6 too)!

We have a lot of fun too!

Great goodbye,
    Chole

1. Dear Chloe,
      thank you for commenting on our blog. I also like “Pandemonium”. But It wasn’t Ed, Yana, Alana, and Riley who made that story. It was actually Will,Hamish, and me. Ed, Yana, Alana, and Riley made a different story. To answer your question I enjoyed “The Great Adventure” a lot. I’m not saying that I didn’t enjoy my own story. I’m just saying that I also enjoyed theirs as well.

From,
      Ryan S.

14. Hi Mr Avery and class,
    I really liked the stories, I remember I once did one.
    Now I am in year five and I sadly don’t get to do them.
    From Mia

15. Dear Mr. Avery,
    I think the Storybirds are really cool. I was wondering if we are going to do them this year? I hope we do!

Sincerely,
    Marshall :mrgreen:

16. To Mr Avery’s Class,
    I’m typing toi you all the way from Australia in Victoria. I read your storybirds and I’d like to say My favourite game was my favourite story. I’d like to ask one question. Do you guys have any learning reources over in America? Because we have Laptops.

From Ethan M

17. Dear Mr. Avery,

I loved those stories! I really enjoyed all of them. I hope we can do something like that sometime. Are some of those stories from different classes?

Anyways I really enjoyed reading them all.

Sincerely,
    Ashley