Edublog Awards – Voting Now Open

The nomination process for the Edublog Awards has closed and voting has begun. When we hopped on to look this morning, we were ecstatic to find we had been nominated in three categories!

We need your support to help highlight all the hard work and effort we have put into our blog and wikis. You can vote once a day from now through December 14th. Winners will be announced at an online awards ceremony on December 15th at 7 p.m. We look forward to finding out who all the winners are!

If you’d like to vote, you can do so by clicking here. Use the dropdown menu to choose the category you’d like to vote for. Then, scroll down to you find us! The page you’re on should look something like what you see below.

We’re nominated in three different categories. You can click on each title below to be taken directly to that category.

Best Class Blog

Best Use of Audio/Visual/Podcast

Best Education Use of a Wiki

The top two categories are for work with our classroom blog. The last nomination was for our Student Made Math Movie wiki, which includes math videos made by students from around the world.

I also recommend you vote for some of our friends. They’re all highly deserving of rewards for all of their hard work!

Best Individual Blog – Mrs. Morris or Miss Jordan
Best Tweeter – Mrs. Morris
Best Group Blog – Our World, Our Stories
Best New Blog – Tech with Intention
Student Blog – BB’s Blog, Jarrod’s Blog, Jordi’s Blog, Millie’s Blog, or Miriam’s Blog
Most Influential Blog Post – Mrs. Morris or Mrs. Yollis
Best Teacher Blog – Mrs. Morris or Miss Jordan
Best Library Blog – Bell Bulldog Readers
Lifetime Achievement – Mrs. Yollis or Mrs. Morris

Again, all of those are definitely well deserving of our votes! I hope you take the time to cast yours.

Don’t forget, you can vote once a day for each category. We look forward to receiving yours!

Have you voted yet?

Leave a comment and let us know who you voted for!

17 thoughts on “Edublog Awards – Voting Now Open

• December 5, 2011 at 4:39 pm
    Permalink

Dear Mr. Avery,

I voted for your blog three times in the audio/visual/podcast section. I think you will win because you have great videos and you have always made amazing things with a green screen. I love all of your videos, especially the news team from last year. I have a lot of hope in your blog. I hope you do great!

Good luck,
    Ben W.

Reply
    • December 7, 2011 at 8:45 am
      Permalink

Dear Ben,

Thank you so much for voting for us! We put a lot of hard work into this blog and it’s such an honor to be recognized for that! Just remember you can only vote once for each category a day. Thank you for the support! :)

Sincerely,
      Alyxandra

Reply
  • December 5, 2011 at 8:58 pm
    Permalink

Dear Mr. Avery,

Well, since you told Natalie and I that you were nominated for “Best Class Blog,” I told you that I would try my hardest to vote for your class! Also, I already voted for you not once but TWICE. See, I pulled up 2 tabs for the Edublog Awards voting page and I forget I already had 1 tab up so, I voted twice! As many times I vote for you a day, the closer you get to winning the “Best Class Blog” for the Ebublogs Awards! As long as I could be available to vote for your class you would have a much of the votes until December 14th. Well, my mom is kicking me off the computer for the rest of the night. Don’t stop voting for Mr. Avery’s Classroom Blog!

Sincerely,
    Tristan B.

Reply
    • December 7, 2011 at 8:36 am
      Permalink

Dear Tristan,

Thank you so much for voting for our blog! Just giving you a reminder that you ca vote for us once in each of the three categories everyday! I really hope we can win one of are nominations!

Sincerely,
      Alyxandra

Reply
  • December 6, 2011 at 8:35 am
    Permalink

Dear Mr. Avery,
    I’m so glad that we got nominated for the Edublog awards. I sure hope that we win one of them. I will continue to vote every day for our class.

Sincerely,
    Will G.

Reply
    • December 7, 2011 at 8:30 am
      Permalink

Dear Will,

I’m really glad that we got nominated for the awards as well! I really hope we win one too. It’s the first time we’ve been nominated for one so it’d be great to win the first time around. Make sure you keep voting at home!

Sincerely,
      Mr. Avery

Reply
  • December 6, 2011 at 8:45 am
    Permalink

Dear Mr. Avery,

I was so excited when I saw that we have been nominated for Best Class Blog, Best use of audio / Video / Podcast and Best educational Wiki! I hope we can atleast win one of the categories :) I am trying to get all the famous people that follow me on Twitter to give us a shoutout! Wish me luck!

Sincerely,
    Alyxandra

Reply
    • December 7, 2011 at 8:24 am
      Permalink

Dear Alyxandra,

I was so excited too. I think it’s a great honor! It’s always nice to be recognized for all the hard work we’ve put in to something and we’ve definitely put a lot of hard work into our blog and wiki!

Sincerely,
      Mr. Avery

Reply
  • December 6, 2011 at 5:58 pm
    Permalink

Dear Mr. Avery,

I hope we win one of the categories! :twisted: It would be so cool.

Your faithful student,
    Tessa

Reply
    • December 7, 2011 at 8:23 am
      Permalink

Dear Tessa,

It would definitely be very cool if we could win! We have to make sure that we keep on voting every single day. The more votes we cast, the better chance we have!

Sincerely,
      Mr. Avery

Reply
  • December 6, 2011 at 9:27 pm
    Permalink

Dear Mr. Avery,

I voted for best class blog and best podcast/video/audio one but when I tried to vote for educational wiki our name wasn’t showing. I’m confused and I also refreshed the page twice!

Curious/Confused student,
    Taite

P.S. Are you going to wear a “STRIPED SWEATER” tomorrow?

Reply
    • December 7, 2011 at 8:21 am
      Permalink

Dear Taite,

I’m so glad you voted. Every vote definitely counts!

The reason that our name didn’t show up in the “Best Educational Wiki” section is because that wasn’t for our blog, it was for our Student Made Math Movie wiki. So look for that next time you vote, it will be there!

Sincerely,
      Mr. Avery

P.S. No striped sweater today. I’m sorry!

Reply
  • December 7, 2011 at 5:11 pm
    Permalink

Dear Mr. Avery,

I’m Skyping my cousin and she’s voting for you. I’m so excited.

From,
    Ariel

Reply
  • December 11, 2011 at 9:25 pm
    Permalink

Daer Mr. Avery,
    I just voted for us! I hope we win at least one of the categories. See you at school!

-Kelsea

Reply
  • December 12, 2011 at 8:55 am
    Permalink

Dear Kelsea,

Thank you for voting. I hope we can win also. Thank you and keep on voting.

Your classmate,
    Bryan C.

Reply
  • January 12, 2012 at 5:13 pm
    Permalink

Hi Mr. Avery’s class,

It is an honor to find out that your class are one of the best bloggers. Also I think you’re class is full of magnificent bloggers.

Sincerely,
    Jonathan

Reply
  • Pingback: Blogs: How can they be used in the classroom? | SLM508KRS